The Winter Nights is a natural successor to the Winter Nights - For Purists and Winter Nights - Unique Piece, which were introduced in 2013 and 2014 respectively and are now both discontinued.
The main visible differences of the new Winter Nights version is the smaller case. The new GoS damascus steel movement has a 5 days power reserve and a center seconds hand, which means that the GoS triple blade symbol in gold is fixed to the dial.
The dial is manufactured from two different Swedish tool steels that are forged together and folded to reach a total of 192 layers before Johan Gustafsson applies his trademark techniques to create the wildflower pattern. Given the nature of damascus steel, every Winter Nights is a unique piece and is numbered in production sequence.
The GoS02 calibre is based on the manually wound TT718 from Technotime and has a double barrel to provide the long power reserve of 120 hours, or five days. The bridges of the base caliber have a classic straight grained finish with deep, high-gloss polished beveled edges, while the main-plate has received perlage and a dark gray surface treatment. All wheels as well as the GoS logo are gold plated to match the pink gold details of the GoS watches. The Winter Nights will be available with movements in either the classic finishing or with a damascus steel GoS02-movement that has been modified by manufacturing and finishing damascus steel bridges from Johan Gustafsson's handforged Damascus steel.
The bridges are made from one solid piece of woodgrain patterned damascus steel and Patrik's goal with the finishing is to optimize the contrasts within the pattern itself and also between the seemingly raw steel and the high gloss polished bevels and holes.
File work is used by the most skilled knife makers to enhance their work and a knife with handmade file work transcends the tool from a utility to functional art. The first two GoS watches that were manufactured in 2008 had file work applied to the Titanium case back. GoS decided to re-introduce this technique to the the watches by applying it to the damascus steel crown. The numbers three and nine are both significant numbers in Norse mythology, which is why we designed the pattern to consist of nine indentations on each side. The file work not only adds new details and highlights but also improves the grip.
The watches are delivered in a presentation box that is individually crafted in traditional Scandinavian techniques.
Note: Winter Nights is available with hands and index ring in either white gold or red gold.
- Case: Bi-material with stainless steel and stainless damascus steel 43mmx10mm (5ATM)
- Lug width: 22mm
- Glass: Flat sapphire glass with double sided AR coating, extra hard on outside
- Movement: Classic or damascus steel finishing of the GoS02 caliber, which is based on Technotime TT718 and manufactured to COSC specifications. Damascus steel bridges are manufactured in Sweden from one piece of handforged damascus steel that has a woodgrain pattern. The movement has a center second hand and ticks at 4Hz (28,800) with a 120 hour power reserve.
- Dial: 192 layered steel Damascus steel with a wildflower pattern and the GoS triskele symbol in gold
- Index ring/rehaut: Solid 18K red gold or white gold, shaped and polished by hand
- Hands: Solid 18K red gold shaped and polished by hand
- Crown: 9mm in finegrained stainless damascus stainless steel, fileworked edge, double gasket crown inset
- Case finishing: Stainless damascus steel, high gloss polished with GoS logo engraved on case side
- Strap: Handcrafted soft moose leather, fitted with GoS stainless steel buckle
- Every watch engraved with its production number
- Five year guarantee
Every watch will be a unique piece as it is not possible to duplicate the handforged pattern.
- Individually crafted box in svepask technique of birch wood
- Colored with natural pigments mized in linseed oil
- Covered with high grade natural wax and polished to a deep finish
- Protection box of black&grey hard paper with silver print
The Winter Nights has been discontinued.